Boer & Croon is searching for an energetic hands-on CEO of an international production company, based in the industrial region Eindhoven with sales and distribution offices in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Germany. The rest of the world is covered from the Dutch location, in close cooperation with local agents.
The company was founded more than 100 years ago and was sold several times to other companies. Nowadays the company is owned by multiple shareholders and they focus on improving profitability, the production process and are investing in the company’s commercial coverage. Production takes place near Eindhoven.
The company is an inspirer with its reliable provision of knowledge, quality and service and has a long-standing tradition of deliberate entrepreneurship while accepting responsibility for people and the environment.
Besides thinking and acting on quality, the company constantly concentrates on the future. It seeks new openings in the application of their product. Innovation is the guiding motive. By constantly using the existing product in new applications, it remains as fascinating and inspiring as a new discovery and striking examples are numerous.
The CEO manages the general commercial and operational affairs of the company. The CEO is responsible for the overall success of the business and for making top-level managerial decisions. In addition to the overall success of the company, the CEO is responsible for leading the development and execution of long-term strategies, with the goal of increasing shareholder value. The CEO is often very hands-on and involved with day-to-day functions. The CEO sets the tone, vision, and the culture of the organization. The CEO reports directly to, and is accountable to, the Supervisory Board for the performance of the company.
The perfect candidate is a true businessperson who is energetic and has a strong passion for commercial growth. Candidate has a background in an industrial environment. Candidate for this position is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude who understands the dynamics of a multi shareholders structure. Candidate lives around max 100km near Eindhoven and or is willing to move within 6 months after starting. Other requirements are:
- Master’s degree (Business/MBA)
- Solid background/work experience and track record in an industrial environment (10+ years manufacturing industry, production company)
- Strong general manager with excellent organizational and negotiation skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently, hands-on and fast
- Combines excellent commercial skills (both sales and marketing) with a well-developed sensefor production, processes and lean management (f.e. lead time, occupancy rate, stock, purchasing raw materials)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, work, and develop others in a (virtual) team
- An international profile, sensitive to other cultures/backgrounds, able to work in a multicultural workplace
- Ability to manage time and workload efficiently, and the ability to prioritize and modifypriorities accordingly
- Reliable, transparent and clear in verbal and written communication necessary to interface with customers and colleagues professionally
- Language skills: excellent in English (verbal and written). French and German are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships internally and externally with shareholders, different stakeholders (e.g. banks, unions etc), customers and suppliers
Candidates are invited to express their interest by sending their motivation and a current CV to Boer & Croon, to the attention of Mrs I. Frings, before June 21st 2020. Documents can be uploaded through this link.
Additional information can be obtained from Ine Frings (+31 6 47386730), partner at Boer & Croon or Ulrike de Haas (+31 611929245), research consultant.